If you have back pain that is not responsive to medication or exercise, CareMore can help you return to a normal life. Our different treatment options can help you no matter how long you have experienced pain, so you can start doing the things that matter most.
CareMore Offers (in select locations):
- Back Exercises
- Tips to manage your back pain
- Additional services, if appropriate, available at certain locations:
- Chiropractic Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Acupuncture Therapy
The Back Pain Program was created to help you:
- Relieve immediate pain symptoms
- Make lifestyle changes
- Learn how to take care of your back
- Learn exercises for your back
- Give you support
About Back Pain
Many of us have experienced pain in different areas of our back at different times. Sometimes we wake up with a strained neck, or stand up and experience our lower back hurting. Our back is made of bones, muscles, and tendons. Any or all of these areas can be the cause of our pain.
The bones in our back make up our spine, or vertebrae, which has 24 individual bones. Our spine allows us to stand up, but is also flexible for movement. These bones look like an "S" when viewed sideways. They also protect a network of nerves that allow us to feel pain and control body movement. Muscles and tendons allow us to move our bodies. A common source of back pain involves straining or overworking the muscles around the spine.
Some causes of back pain are:
- Sitting for long periods of time in the wrong way
- Slouching or hanging your shoulders
- Sleeping in the wrong position
- Lifting, pushing, or pulling something your body can't handle
You can live an active and functional life with your back pain managed. We can help. Just give Member Services a call at (800) 499-2793 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST.